The importance of the many different social media platforms to business owners cannot be under-estimated. If you want your business to prosper benevolently, you must include the social media while in your business plans.
The social media platforms will help you to reach a wide range of audience that you generally might not be able to reach. There are more than a hundred social media platforms that aid entrepreneurs in getting leads but we’ll be on just a few of them.
Social media platforms that can help you get customers for your business
- Facebook: This is the most popular social networking site in the world today. It is an American online social networking and social service media company based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and since then, it has risen to a great peak over the years.
- Twitter: This is another great social networking website with millions of users around the world. It supports sharing of links and they don’t ban links like Facebook. It is also a great platform for meeting celebrities and personalities. You can strike business deals, get access to offers and meet like minds on Twitter.
- Instagram: This is a great platform for sharing of photos and videos. The only disadvantage of using this platform is because they don’t support the sharing of links. However, to solve this issue you can include a link on your bio and direct your followers to click on it. With the recent launch of IG TV, it seems like the platform is getting to become a great place for posting of videos that will play for more than an hour. This is still under development though as the videos are still limited to 10minutes and only made for mobile users.
- LinkedIn: This is great for organizations because the people found on this platform are always ready for serious businesses and deals. You can connect with freelancers and bloggers here too.
How to Get Followers for Your Social Media Handles
Getting followers on Facebook is a very crucial aspect of every business that wants to adapt the social networking site and the green trend will be listing out some tips that will help you achieve that.
- Publish engaging posts: According to a research carried out by Information Guide Africa, 90% of engaging posts perform well on Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Update regularly: This is not only necessary for getting new followers but also for keeping the old ones.
- Follow trends: If you are someone that is always updating your timeline with the latest gist and trends, people be discovering your account and be following it.
- Use hashtags: This is another great way of followers for your Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook pages. Search for the trending hash-tags and write related posts on them in your articles. You can also get followers without making use of trending hash-tags, just related hash tags.